Superfoods have become all the rage in the wellness and healthy-living niche. From blueberry smoothies to chia-infused water, more and more people are getting on board with the idea of branching out their diets to more unique and beneficial food options.
What is probably one of the most profound superfoods on the scene is wild blue algae. More specifically, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), also known as organic Wild Microalgae®. In the sections below, we will take a look at AFA in particular as it is one of the most popular and arguably most beneficial of the blue algae supplements on the market.
So, what is AFA? Simply put, it is a type of wild-crafted blue algae that is harvested from Klamath Lake in Southern Oregon. Due to its high concentration of both macro and micronutrients as well as other compounds like antioxidants, AFA is considered by many as one of the most powerful of all superfoods.
Perks of Taking AFA Daily
Is AFA worth all the hype? Or is it just another trendy food?
To answer this question, here are some of the key benefits. But, be warned, by the end of this list you will be ready to add this superfood to your dog’s daily diet.
1. Naturally Sourced: Wild Microalgae is found in abundance in only one place: Klamath Lake in southern Oregon.
2. Raw Food Processing: The company I chose to represent uses state of the art technology to harvest, transport, and prepare the algae for supplementation within just a few hours or less.
The algae is dried at a temperature below 40C, preserving its phytonutrients, vitamins, chlorophyll, and enzymes and maintaining its status of raw food. Thus, maintaining the important compounds and nutrients that feed your dog’s body.
3. Rich in Micronutrients: AFA (Aphanizamenon Flos Aquae) has over 70 micronutrients, including over 60 minerals and 13 different vitamins. Failing to obtain even small quantities of micronutrients can adversely impact health.
AFA also has several minerals including calcium, iron, and sodium. It also has rarer trace minerals like chloride, manganese, and chromium.
4. Antioxidant Support: There are several studies endorsing AFA as a fantastic source of antioxidants that help protect your dog’s body from harmful molecules called free radicals.
5. Contains All 20 Standard Amino Acids: Organic Wild Microalgae happens to be one of the few options out there that contains all 20 of these especially important amino acids.
6. Rich in Essential Fatty Acids: AFA in rich in Essential Fatty Acids including ALA, which is an omega 3 and LA an Omega 6.
7. Feel-Good Effect: This microalgae supplements contains a compound known as phenylethylamine (PEA) which is in family of neurotransmitters. This compound acts as a brain stimulant with mood-boosting effects.
It could also improve cognition and functions like concentration and memory through the same stimulating effects on the neurons in the brain. It is therefore the ideal way to start the day as it gives you an instant pep to your step.
Capitalize on These Benefits
This amazing Mother Nature-produced superfood is about as close to a perfect food as we get. And it comes with a whole host of benefits for those that consume it daily.